Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's a New Year!

Hello!

That dessert looks....tempting. I'm super sad that I'm all the way over here :P It's okay though. New Years brings out the cook in everyone here. It was a week full of desserts and very good meals. We tried as hard as we could not to get fed and instead leaving our own food (I made cookies). It didn't really work out that well though.


It's kind of interesting though, because random people will just invite you off the street into their houses. We got invited into this one house. They were nice, but it was weird because they were all Atheist.

On New Years Day I gave my first Zone meeting, which is kind of like a 2 &1/2 hour long district meeting. It was stressful, but way fun.

As far as medical goes, the hospital is still closed, so we'll have to figure something out. Merrrr......

I'm super sorry that I'm not writing much this week, but we have to go because weird circumstances brought us to Yerevan and we have to get back before the roads freeze :)

Well, I love you all so much and I promise to write more next week! :)

Elder Hammer
 

Excerpts from Jared's letter to me:

Well, I didn't make it to New Years :p We bought way too much junk food and watched movies and stuff (because it was P-day) and I didn't really make it past 10:40. We set the alarm for 11:50, but I didn't even hear it :p Elder Harrington did though.

The rest of the week was good too. We got fed way too much food despite our desperate pleas on the contrary, but it was fun meeting with our members in a different setting.
Gohar, one of our members :)
This is what Nor Tari tables look like (New years). Yes, that is a thigh of a pig with a knife sticking out of it.
A fish....
Our Christmas party for the branch.

We had a snowball fight with the children, using tissues :p
Santa came!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! We will post your comment as soon as we can!