Monday, May 27, 2013

My Testimony

4 Days!!!
Hi!  This is the last email from Jared we are posting since Jared will be home in 4 days!  We are so proud of Jared and all that he has done for the last 2 years.  Anyone who wants to listen to him report on his mission is welcome to come hear him at our church on June 9th @9:30 a.m.  1257 Centinela Blvd., Santa Monica, 90404. We will be posting pictures of meeting him at the airport and any last pictures he has. Maybe he will want to post about his experiences when he gets home. We'll see!  We thank you all for all the support you have given Jared the last 2 years.  We love you all! Here's Jared!
Well, my week was good, but I'll be home soon to tell you about it anyways, so I was thinking that today I would just bear my testimony.
 I'm not sure if too many people can really understand how much I've changed on my mission (I'm still the funny old me and I'm still fascinated with jets and things that go boom. That hasn't changed since I was three.) But I wish every member of the church could have the experience of going on a mission. If you are obedient, and you have a desire to follow Jesus Christ, there's no helping it. You will see miracles in your life and the life of others.
It really is simple things that make all the difference. We've all been taught since we were little that we have to read the scriptures, pray, and go to church. But do we honestly realize what that actually means? I'm so grateful that I've had time to dedicate to that while I've been on my mission. I understand the importance now and I've seen the change in my life and my testimony. I'm not really good with words, so I just hope my meaning gets across :) 
I've had to rely on the Holy Ghost a ton out here. Only the Spirit could translate my blundering into understandable principles.
I know God lives, as does His Son, Jesus Christ. I know they love us, and they're there to help us in our life. I know Jesus Christ's church is on the earth today and He leads it through a modern prophet. I know that we can know that is true by doing the simple things that the Lord asks of us.
I love you all.  I love the Lord.  I love the Armenian people.  I can't tell you how much I do.

Stay well. Stay healthy. I'll see you all soon :)
Elder Jared Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! We will post your comment as soon as we can!