Monday, September 26, 2011

The Little Tatik--Pictures

Hello!

I would say "It was a crazy week this week!" But it seems that's how it is every week :p

So in response, General Conference happens here a week later. It has to go through translation and copying so that they can send English and Armenian recordings to us. But it does happen, we have to go down to the church building to watch it though.

We do get the church magazines, every week, in both languages. It's actually quite interesting. But it's hard to find time to read them though. So half the time I just look at the pictures :p

We're actually going to do service this week. A less-active and his non member mom want us to come over and paint their walls. They haven't had the time because the less-active is a security guard and works all the time. 

Spiritual moment(s)

So we had just finished up a really good tracting hour when Elder Lush got the impression we should visit this one less active with the non member mom. We rushed up to their house so we could be back home on time and we got there fairly quickly. It was dark and they don't really have too many street lights so it was a miracle I noticed the right number of the building written on it. We went up one floor and I thought the number of the apartment was too high to be on this floor so I almost went up further, but I thought we should stay. The hallway was pitch black, so we wouldn't be able to read the numbers of the apartments written on the wall in pen (if they were there at all) We got to this one door and Elder Lush just said, "I'm going to try feeling the door" (You have to realize, hardly anyone here has numbers on their door, let alone the metal ones that stick out) By chance, the number was there and it was the right apartment. We tried knocking on the door but no one answered. We were about to leave when the mother came up the stairs and saw us. She was really happy to see us, and later told us that she had been thinking of us that day and was hoping we would come over. 

Later as we were walking back home (actually running, we were almost late) this little Tatik (grandma) said hi to us as she was crossing the street. We were about to go on, but we decided to stop and talk to her. We saw she was carrying so much stuff on her back that it looked like she was carrying a small teenager on her back. So we offered to carry her stuff back to her home for her. We did, and she told us along the way that she went to the "Mormons" quite a bit a while ago and she was baptized into the church. She used to go to the branch in Center, but it was too far away to go all the time. She lives in our area so we told her that there was branch in Malatsia now. By some clerical mix-up, she was not on our roster listed at all. It was a miracle we found her. She led us back to her house, where two other friends of hers (non-members)  also lived. She and her friends wanted us to come back later. :)

(This doesn't have to go on the blog unless you want. I don't care. Mom can look if she wants :P ) 
So a little bit on the different side. This one guy called us over and asked about us. We started talking to him about our religion and he asked a few good questions. Then suddenly he said "If I ever see you on the streets doing anything, I will pull a knife on you and stab you myself" So being startled and somewhat amused, we asked "Well would you like to learn more about our message?" And then he just said "Get out of my face" So that was fun. We still don't know where that all came from. 

There was lightning storm this week. It hit Malatsia really hard. I was sitting at my desk when I saw a strike and heard the bolt at the same time hit the building about a football field away. Then a few seconds later the entire window went white and everything in the apartment shuddered and an ear-splitting crack filled the room. Our apartment had been hit by a strike :) Pretty fun. Then about 20 seconds later the same exact thing happened again except to the building about 5 feet from ours. Elder Lush missed the whole thing [restroom] :p He was quite disappointed. 

Anyways, those are my stories for this week. I love you all and I'll see you next week! :)
Elder Hammer
Hey Mom!

So things are going good here. Little tough, but we'll get over that. 
I love the titles you put on the blog :p It's so good. I can't wait to see it finished when I get home. I wish I could look at it here to see what it looks like.
About your foot. Be careful with it. I've learned it's better just to rest with it until it's better rather than just push it. You put yourself longer out of commission later on if you push things now.

So my stomach is fine but my back has been giving me a bit of trouble. Things have been getting worse here so we'll see how it goes. Sister Carter knows and has been giving me advice, but it doesn't seem like it's working, so we'll see how it goes. 

Anyways, I hope you're doing great back in Santa Monica. How I miss that weather there :p Things can get pretty hot here. 

I love you! And I'll see you next week.

Love you!

 

Elder Lush caught off guard but pulled it off well
One of our members stole Elder Lush's backpack and refused to give it back until we gave him a Bible :p He's been pushing us for one for a while. It was funny seeing this old man just put on the backpack and start hobbling around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! We will post your comment as soon as we can!