Monday, December 17, 2012

Transferring.....Again and Leadership Opportunities

Me and Serge, our 1st counselor

Hello!

It is hard sometimes to turn the other cheek, because you just want to teach the person doing the wrong thing a lesson. Somehow let him know he's being an idiot. But in the end, we can't really do that. Only one Person can teach in that way. It's definitely something I'm working on out here, but I think I'm getting better. Like yesterday for example, there was a 14 year old kid that veered out of his way to come and elbow me right in the chest. Although comments to throw at him came to my mind, there always seems to be something holding my tongue back nowadays :p Instead, I just continued to walk forward.

Well, in terms of Skype, It will probably be this Christmas evening for you around 7-9 pm :) I'm excited to see you all!

So big transfer call on Sunday. I will be moving over to the other Vanadzor area and I will be companions with Elder Harrington. Along with that, I will be Zone Leader, split with Elder Hall who will be training in Vanadzor. I will also be group leader for the Alaverdi group up there. That means I go up there every month or so and conduct a sacrament meeting for that area :) So fun stuff! 

I had to head down to Yerevan on Saturday for a check up at the hospital and I'm going back for the results today, but it looks like everything should be alright. It's kind of fun to watch the snow slowly melt as we headed South.

One of our investigators is doing really well. He's been an investigator for a while now, but he's making some really great progress. His main obstacle has been the word of wisdom, but slowly we're weaning him off cigarettes. It seems to be doing pretty well. He has amazing faith and he loves us a ton. His sister is going to be moving to LA for job opportunities, so that should be pretty cool. 
He also has a crazy kitty that runs all over me, especially because I'm wearing my thick winter jacket which is perfect for claws to snag on to. :p

It is super cold now, all at once. We had our first sticking snow this week :D So I've had a ton of fun sliding around everywhere. :)

Well, that's all for this week. Sorry it's rushed again. We have to bounce down to Yerevan.

Love you all!

Elder Hammer
Birds were on our porch :)
Me destroying wood :)))
Vanadzor from on high
First sticking snow of the season
Me and Pisik, our investigators cat :) I love that little fur ball

Vanadzor is known for its chemical factories

Beautiful view on the road to Yerevan from here (had a check up at the hospital on Saturday) 
Elder Hall made this for me

This is our landlord's work
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! We will post your comment as soon as we can!