We're still waiting to hear what the MTC has been like for Jared. We know he's probably working hard and getting used to a new schedule. We're wondering when his preparation day (P-Day) will be. This will be the day that Jared gets to write home to us. With Monday being a holiday, everything might be a little off.
We've heard that an Elder Jared Skidmore entered the MTC the same day Jared did and is going to Armenia as well. It will be interesting to see if the two Jareds end up being companions. I'm sure before the mission is up they'll be companions!
My dad mentioned a couple of things about the day Jared went into the MTC. I thought I'd post his note to me:
1. He was almost the last one off the plane at Salt Lake Airport because he was given a seat near the back of the plane. In fact his luggage got there before we did to pick it up.
2. Was so tired, that he fell asleep in the car by the time we got out of the airport parking lot.
3. We went to breakfast at Denny's in Provo. He order a moon's over My Hammy and asked if he could have a milk shake. He then ordered a Strawberry Milk Shake. Much to our surprise Denny's didn't charge us for his breakfast, including the Milk Shake.
4. Just before we dropped him off at the MTC, we stopped at the BYU Creamery and had ice cream cones. He had a pineapple sherbert.
5. He talked to his mom by cell phone just before we dropped him off at the MTC.
6. He was anxious to be dropped off at the MTC, but he was more excited about getting his new missionary name badge, especially to see it in Armenian.
Thanks, Dad! That's the news from here! We'll let you know when we here anything else!